The 16th International Workshop on the Physics of Compressible Turbulent Mixing (IWPCTM) will be held 15-20 July 2018 at Marseille, France, and is hosted by Aix-Marseille University and CNRS.
The IWPCTM workshops have been held approximately biennially since 1988, and bring together researchers from universities and research laboratories around the world to discuss the state-of-the-art in theory, modeling, experiment and simulation of compressible and variable-density turbulent mixing induced by hydrodynamic instabilities in multi-material hydrodynamic flows.
It will include both oral and poster presentations, together with informal round table discussion sessions.
This workshop focuses on both fundamental and applied aspects of turbulent mixing, and includes :
- Rayleigh-Taylor instability
- Richtmyer-Meshkov instability
- Kelvin-Helmholtz instability
- Combined instabilities
- Compressible and variable-density mixing layers
- High speed mixing in Scramjets
- Entrainment and mixing in sheared interface flows
- Experimental, numerical and theoretical studies
- Numerical, experimental, analytical and semi-analytical techniques
- Direct numerical simulation (DNS), large-eddy simulation (LES) and Reynolds-averaged turbulence modeling
- Applications including inertial confinement fusion (ICF), astrophysics, high-energy density physics, scramjets, and materials science
The conference will take place o Hôtel Intercontinental Marseille – Hôtel Dieu, downtown Marseilles (see map here). We have arranged special rates at the Hôtel Intercontinental Marseille – Hotel website
The city of Marseilles offers a variety of historical, scenic, and sporting sites that you will be able to enjoy very probably under sunny skies.